Learn how we collect, use and secure your information.
Privacy and cookies policy
Graphite Digital takes your online security seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and your privacy while engaging with the company online.
This policy explains the basis on which personal information we collect from you will be processed by us. Where we decide the purpose or means for which personal data supplied by you is processed, we are the “data controller.” We will comply with all applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
1. Information we collect and how we use it.
1.1 Information collected
Graphite Digital tries to ensure that our web experiences offer visitors an enjoyable experience. To help us achieve this goal, Graphite Digital, as with most websites, collects certain information automatically about your use of this website.
The data (Technical Data) collected may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, date/time stamps and/or clickstream data.
We collect this data to diagnose problems with our servers, analytics, system administration, improved marketing and site functionality.
Under no circumstances will Graphite Digital collect any data that is not directly related to the use of this website so, for example, we will not record information regarding other sites that you have visited.
We also collect personal information (name, company, job title, e-mail address, company address) from publicly available/online information, but we may also collect information on the phone, or via our website.
When via our website and using web forms we only collect personal information about you, such as your name or email address where consent is given.
When sending emails or marketing communications, we collect information about your behaviour, e.g. whether you opened the email, clicked to our website or social channel, forwarded, etc). We collect this through our e-marketing platform.
Please let Graphite Digital know if you want details of the personal information we hold about you by emailing us, or access your marketing data directly via this link https://graphitedigital.prod.kulea.marketing/privacy/request.html
1.2 How we use your information.
Graphite Digital will use the information you enter into the website for administration purposes and any other purposes made clear in the data entry forms themselves, in any relevant terms or conditions and on any pages or emails that link to such forms.
Our reasons to contact you using web form data includes but is not limited to the following:
- Providing requested customer support
- Sending emails and marketing communications where appropriate (see section 1.4 on Emails and marketing communications)
We will only ever use your data for business-to-business purposes for outreach and marketing. If relevant and appropriate, we may contact you about a product or service, event, responding to an enquiry or sharing matters relevant to you.
1.3 Grounds of processing
On some occasions, Graphite Digital processes your data with your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Generally Graphite Digital processes your personal information based on legitimate interest and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. We will connect with businesses that may benefit from our products or services and therefore have a legitimate interest in contacting these relevant businesses.
Necessary to fulfil a contract
Graphite Digital may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you.
Necessary because of a legal obligation
Graphite Digital may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, e.g. preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
1.4 Email and marketing communications
We use various forms of marketing to provide you with promotional materials about our services and products.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us or by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in any communication you receive from us.
1.5 Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Cookies are small data files that are sent to your browser and pixel tags are used to read such cookies. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies but you can delete existing cookies from your browser and, by editing your internet browser options, choose not to receive cookies in future.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Please note that if you do opt to reject cookies any personalised functionality of this website will not operate correctly.
2.1 Third Party Cookies
To improve interaction with various websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, we sometimes embed content and share functionality from these websites into the site. Pages with this embedded content or share buttons may set a cookie from these third party websites.
Graphite Digital does not control the setting of these cookies. These cookies are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
2.2 Third-Party Services.
The Graphite Digital website uses a small number of services hosted by third parties, such as Hotjar, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP request.
- Kulea (Kulea.ma) is an EU-based marketing automation solution whose tracking code is deployed on our site to ensure that our contacts, prospects and clients receive personal and relevant communications by tracking, logging and responding to visitor’s online activity. Kulea may use individual cookie ID's to serve personalised web and email content to contacts held on our Kulea account. All data is held in compliance with GDPR exclusively on data centres housed within the UK and EU. Data held by Kulea on the data subject can be accessed via a self-serve Subject Access Request (SARs), accessible via https://graphitedigital.prod.kulea.marketing/privacy/request.html. Please note that this feature is only available for data subjects on whom data is held. To prevent the storage of cookies relating to Kulea.ma, you may place a Do Not Track request on your browser. To do so, please click the following link: https://graphitedigital.prod.kulea.marketing/privacy/reset.html
By using the Graphite Digital website, you consent to the processing of data by these third parties in accordance with their privacy policies.
3. Information sharing.
Graphite Digital will not share or sell your personal information with any unaffiliated third parties for their promotional purposes.
4. Links to third-party websites.
This site contains links to other websites. Please check the privacy policies of those websites as Graphite Digital does not take responsibility for the privacy practices or content of these websites.
5. How we protect your information.
All of your personal information is encrypted as it travels over the internet. When you access our website we redirect you by default to access via SSL, which means that you are accessing our site securely (indicated by the letters https:// in the address bar and or a padlock displayed in your web browser).
However, no method of communication over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us.
Last updated March 2022
7. Controlling your data
Graphite Digital respects your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations around control of any data you submit through this website and for which we are the data controller.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to exercise any of your rights or to withdraw consent.
To process a request from you, we may need to confirm your identity to ensure we’re accessing the right data.
You have a right to complain to an EU data protection authority. This can be where you live, work or where the matter occurred. In the UK, the authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”).
8. Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
9. Contact us.
Graphite Digital Ltd
PLATF9RM, Floor 6
44 North Road